Thank you to all applicants in advance, however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
CarePartners welcomes applicants from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available throughout the hiring process upon request.
NEW employee recruitment & referral bonus – ask us for details!
We have opportunities for new and experienced Personal Support Workers and Community Support Workers (PA, PA+2, HCA, DSW, Home Support Level II/III, OT/PTA, RPN/RN students- first year completed) in South River and neighbouring communities.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated Support Workers to help clients in our community, with activities of daily living. This position requires performance of special functions under the Supervision of a RN/RPN Supervisor:
- Provide personal care to the client
- Utilize proper body mechanics and transfer techniques to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
- Provide cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the client
- Assist with household tasks
- Prepare nutritious, varied meals and snacks, including special diets as determined by the care plan, using proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
- Promote a safe environment for both the client and worker
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- PSW certificate or: PA, PA+2, HCA, DSW, Home Support Level II/III, OT/PTA, RPN/RN students (first year completed)
- Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and alternate weekend
- Experience working with vulnerable persons in a community setting
Total Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wages PLUS Ministry of Health Wage Enhancement
- Compensation for mileage AND travel time
- Company cell-phone
- Flexibility in establishing work schedule
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perkopolis (Canadian’s Discount Program)
- Paid multi-day orientation, including in-class and in-field training
- Skills training (ongoing opportunities)
- Supportive Leadership team
- 24/7 On-Call Support
- Service Milestone Recognition Program
Specific details on compensation and benefits to be discussed at time of interview.